Sunday, February 25, 2007

Mirinda


Mirinda is a character inspired by a model on the cover of a women's magazine. I wanted to give her some armour but I decided to keep her original clothes on. Maybe I'll come up with a picture of Mirinda in armour soon! I imagined her as a sleek and deadly assassin, who will work for the highest bidder.



DateNameComment
Apr 10 2000 Elfwood artist: Ursula Vernon, (Click here to visit!)Very well rendered face...nice detail. Maybe a little more highlight on the lips to define the shape, but that's my only thought.
Apr 10 2000 Elfwood artist: Christine Osborne, (Click here to visit!)*LOL* she reminds me of my futuristic bounty hunter Angel...on one of her good days. I really like her eyes and the way her lips are all pouty like, the top she's wearing doesn't look that bad either ^_^
Apr 12 2000 Elfwood artist: Michael John Morris, (Click here to visit!)Looks great! really nice work.
Apr 14 2000 Elfwood artist: Troy L. Megli, (Click here to visit!)Also did a great job on her as well, (she looks very upset at the moment!) wouldn't want to be around her if you gave her a dagger!
Apr 14 2000 Elfwood artist: Daena M. Ortego, (Click here to visit!)Wonderful expression! She looks cool, calculating and TOUGH, while still remaining feminine and pretty -- tough to pull off and you did a great job of it. I think her lips look fine, by the way.
Apr 14 2000 Elfwood artist: H.M. Muhammad Hanif, (Click here to visit!)Actually, I've replaced the original. This one's lips are lighter. Thanks for the comment.
Apr 16 2000 Elfwood artist: Andreas Östlund, (Click here to visit!)The shading is awesome! Now why does she look so pissed?
Apr 18 2000 Elfwood artist: Joellena S. 'azul' Asher, (Click here to visit!)i really like this one technically superior and beautiful subject matter.
Apr 21 2000 Elfwood artist: Maya Jean, (Click here to visit!)I really like this one. It is so nicely done, and what makes this image so strong is the emotion that it inspires... You placed an emotion on her face that is really great :)
May 16 2000 Elfwood artist: Anneth A. Lagamo, (Click here to visit!)Critique #2: Great study of the face--the light direction in this is good. The eyes stand out, and you've managed to get the value pattern of the shadows. I think you could've pushed the shadows under her chin a bit more, and perhaps elongate the distance bwn lip and nostril. Other than that, great work!! =)

Roger that!
Jul 29 2000 Elfwood artist: Martin Baldysz, (Click here to visit!)My bleedin god...This one oozes of expression... It looks to me that you've bought the 1.class ticket on the expression train....Kepp it epp...
Aug 10 2000 AmandaThis picture is really amazing, it really shows so much emotion and it's quite unbelievable how real she looks!

Well, this is one of those 'one in a million' pieses that really work when they're supposed to. I was just lucky, I guess.
Apr 7 2001 Elfwood artist: John Teall, (Click here to visit!)she seems seriously annoyed/displeased - makes me wonder what about - or maybe she's just psyching herself up to do the deed - or perhaps a wee bit disgusted at her own handiwork - or at someone blowing her cover by interupting her at the wrong moment - or just offering her an insulting low compensation - armour would seem a bit contrary to the concept of assassin as i understand it - but i suppose in some cases it would make sense - like ranged weapons from ambush on the off chance of an ambush of the ambush or stray return fire ... ~;)
Nov 13 2001 AmandaBack Again.
I absolutely love this! After looking all over the internet for a picture to base a story on for my English class at school, I chose this one because of the way it grabbed me when I first saw it. I love the intense look on her face!
I called her Shae-li though and she wasn't an assassin but a graduate of a military college out for revenge.
Thanks for providing the inspiration! I'm still working on the story - more than a year after I handed in the first version. *<;))

13 Comment From The Artist: I am honoured to have one of my characters inspire the creation of another...

Nov 15 2001 Richard AucoinShe kinda looks like the girl in the Nickelback video - How you remind me...
Jan 29 2002 Mirindahey that's pretty sweet, my name is Mirinda too!
Jan 8 2003 Elfwood artist: Christina 'Vaya' Krogh EmiliussenI really like that angry, hurt expression of her!!! And so beautiful drawn. I wish I'd done this one!!
Nov 2 2003 AnonymousShe looks alot like "the angry princess" from THIRTEEN GHOSTS, too. Nice work.
Dec 19 2003 AnonymousDang, shes HOT! i mean, SMOKIN'!! Keep it up!

1 Comment From The Artist: Glad you like it... I'll see what I can do next time...

Apr 16 2004 Artemis Awsome art the sshading is just right, but the face looks like its missing something in it ...i dont know,mabey you can figur it out.
Jul 19 2004 Artemis The face still looks like its missing something but it looks almost like it could have a menicing tumult of storm clouds in the background. Ya know like fire and brimstone.

No comments: