Sunday, February 25, 2007

Immortal Guardian


...And suddenly she appeared in all her splendour... Silvery armour molded to her every curve, magnificent crown upon her head, the blade Angelfire in her right hand... Her eyes blinding portals into which no mere mortal could stand to look... Bright blue incandenscens shone from her material self, putting all those around her -friend and foe alike- in a deep trance... For she is the angel 'Milya, Immortal Guardian to the Chosen One and her Benefactor, the deadliest warrior-angel the Planes have ever known. (and I dedicate this to Joellena 'Azul' Asher)


DateNameComment
Nov 4 2000 Elfwood artist: Troy L. Megli, (Click here to visit!)I am truly amazed and impressed my friend! She is indeed exquisite!!! both in design and in her beauty! I LOVE the detailing and pose, I can also see her exactly how you've decribed the colors and would love to actually see a version of her that way! Awesome work Alang! I know Azul will love it too!

Thanks, Troy! Must say that this one's quite okay, considering it's a first attempt! As for Azul, I haven't heard from her yet (sure hope you're right!)
Nov 5 2000 Elfwood artist: Joellena S. 'azul' Asher, (Click here to visit!)did i just hear my name? curse troy for the hyperactive elfwood jockey that he is! dedicated to me and i don't even get the first comment. well i'll sulk later. let's see, love her pose, love her wing position, very cool armor (as always). great weapon. really, really snifty. (the husband says snifty squared.)

Oh... don't worry, my dear. He may have first comment, but you have the dedication! Actually, I'm not entirely satisfied with her pose, but since you said it's okay, well, then, it is!
Nov 6 2000 Elfwood artist: Javier Duron, (Click here to visit!)I agree with both comments. It is a great pose and I love the shading. Keep up the good work.

Aye, that's an affirmative!
Nov 7 2000 Elfwood artist: Stanton F. Fink, (Click here to visit!)She's got a BIG sword...

Sure is BIG alright!
Nov 7 2000 MichaelI guess i'ts just a scetch with those short arms and so on. Nice sword, probably usless for an winged race, but that doesn't count for an angel. In Sweden were I live, swords with an hole trou the blade behind the tip like this one has ben used primarly for executions.

Really? I didn't know that. Wonder what the hole was for? Anyway, 'Milya's sword was modelled after a legendary sword of Islamic origin, the sword Zulfaqar, which belonged to the Prophet Muhammad.
Nov 14 2000 Elfwood artist: Stanton F. Fink, (Click here to visit!)Suddenly, I am reminded of the "Immortals," of ancient Persia.


Again, would you please fill me in on the subject?
Nov 20 2000 Elfwood artist: Kim Van Gampelaere, (Click here to visit!)Hubba hubba! I really like how those wings turned out. And the outfit is splendid. I especially love that belt...


I'm glad you liked this one, Kimtje!
Nov 24 2000 Elfwood artist: Christiaan, A.Iken, (Click here to visit!)one of your best anatmoical peices. and really gorgoues wings. the only thing i have to say which i might warn u about is try not to hide hands behind the body or feet or anyting ilke that, i konw you choose to cut of the feet , thats fine in this case, but the hand does seem to be hidden a nd makes it elegant, but hiding hands is hiding somepart of the body that is really expressive. thats jus tmy two cents. this is a wonderful peice though and its one of your best anatomical peices yet.


Thanks, Chris, I really appreciate the narrative comment. I'll keep that in mind.
Dec 12 2000 Elfwood artist: Richard Thomas Lankes, (Click here to visit!)AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH.....why is it that everyone else draws better Angels than I do?! This is celestially beautiful!


Perhaps you should see her in her human form? coming up next!
Jan 31 2001 Elfwood artist: Bethany L. Kosinski, (Click here to visit!)Oh my....I really like the wings, and the armor as well. Makes me want to work on my angelic characters some more (my last pic turned out wonky).
Mar 2 2001 Elfwood artist: Daniel N. Brewer, (Click here to visit!)Beautiful... I don't know about the hidden hand, it looks like she's in the middle of stepping towards us given the particular posture of her legs and shoulders. Her right arm seems a tiny bit short but that might just be because of foreshortening (and I just woke up). The wings are soo graceful!
Feb 6 2003 AnonymousNeed to learn more on how to draw a women body part detaily
Mar 5 2003 Elfwood artist: Nares RoungrojkarnrananWoo...Nice pic, she look really strong, and her wing is so neat.
Jan 3 2004 artemisHowthe hek do you draw like that!?!?!?!?! ?!?!?!?!?!? !??!?!?!?!? !?!?!?!?! ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?? !?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 Honestly? I don't know... I just do... Thanks for the comments, anyway!

Apr 16 2004 Artemisyou just do. You just do! YOU JUST DO!!!




Man sometimes i wonder about my own sanity
Jul 19 2004 ArtemisRight handed, right handed, right handed! Why is everyone always right handed! What about the left handed people!
(Note to who ever may read this, I am mainly just going to go on ranting and raving so don't waste your time)
What about the left handed people in this world who have to cope with all of the things made for right handed people!
like scisers for example. If you have to cut a lot and i mean a lot of paper and you have to do it in a short period of time you work like heck until its done and you get an incredibly painful cramp.
now imagine having to do the same amount of cutting but with the wrong hand the pain is terrible.
So now i am going to say please please please make someone left handed
because left handed people have feelings two ya know!
('Sniffle')('Tear')
And also if you notice that i have realy bad spelling that is just what happens when you have me write something
Aug 9 2004 joeWow! That is indeed a marvelous drawing. How long did it take you to draw it? And are you a professional?

1 Comment From The Artist: It took me a couple of hours... Heh... if I were a pro, I wouldn't be here...


No comments: