Sunday, February 25, 2007

Cephalodactylus


The first (or is it second?) creature that I've come up with. Essentially a serpentine dragon, it became this 'thing'. Supposed to be a huge aquatic creature, the cephalodactylus ('head with fingers') was inspired by Troy Megli's 'Vermitherax II'.


DateNameComment
May 30 2000 Elfwood artist: Joellena S. 'azul' Asher, (Click here to visit!)yea, first comment!! too cool!! i love nifty creatures and the detailing on this one is great. i don't see why you don't do more of these!! it looks like the kind of thing that might be lurking in a swamp or something.
May 31 2000 Elfwood artist: Troy L. Megli, (Click here to visit!)Hi Alang!... Really cool name for it!!! I still think it's a great one, and I'm going to have to put in some O.T. on my V-rax 2 in order for it to live up to your very generous plug!... hehe thanks! Keep up the great work!
Oct 5 2000 Elfwood artist: Stanton F. Fink, (Click here to visit!)Aquatic remorhaz?

Remorhaz ? Do you mind to elaborate on that?
Nov 30 2000 Elfwood artist: Stanton F. Fink, (Click here to visit!)In Dungeons & Dragons, the rhemoraz (plural and singular, I think) was this kind of reptilian/centipedish monstrosity, possessed of a foul temperment, and a heat breathweapon, and dwelled in polar climates.


So, that's a remorhaz? Mmm, interesting. Thanks for the info!
Dec 23 2000 Elfwood artistAnd I thought I could draw. This it probably the most amazing creature I have ever seen!
Dec 23 2000 Elfwood artistAnd I thought I could draw. This it probably the most amazing creature I have ever seen!
Jan 31 2001 Elfwood artist: Bethany L. Kosinski, (Click here to visit!)This is something I wouldn't want to run into, especially if it was hungry. oO It sort of reminds me of a Defiler from Starcraft (Zerg rock). Very creepy and ugly, which means it's very good.
Feb 1 2001
woh...that's probably the most disgustingly cool and neeto thing i've ever seen...i hope it doesn't bite me...
Feb 24 2001 Elfwood artist: Jessica 'Deca' Lamb, (Click here to visit!)That's the most confusing head I've ever saw... neat... but confusing.
Feb 27 2001 Elfwood artist: Coen de Moor, (Click here to visit!)This is a very cool and unsusal dragon. I find dragons very hard to draw. This one is excellent
Dec 10 2001 Elfwood artist: ~*Halley Elizabeth Cain*~ I like sketchy pictures, because it seems to me that that is as far as I'll ever get. Maybe a random colored pencil once every couple of months. This is a facinating creature. I am inspired. *breaks out sketchpad.*
May 27 2002 McBeth Love it. Your gallery is a very interesting exercise in xenobiology!
Nov 8 2002 frida I love the design of this creature. Its very lifelike.By the way my character was swallowed alive by an Remorhaz.This picture reminds me.She actually survived.Great design again.
Jun 17 2003 Ariel Elena Greenwood (Artist by July 18th) Geeesh! IMPRESSIVE. Scary cool. Love the shading. Looks rabid.
Nov 19 2003 Astropunk Draw more like this one please
Dec 31 2003 artemis Its cool like a plant/bug almost but iam a fanatic about plants and fantacy



No comments: