Sunday, February 25, 2007

Commander of the Light Cavalry


This is Myaz, another character from the Chronicles. She is the commander of Sor-Hahn's light cavalry. Note the handle of the weapon sticing out from behind her back. It's actually a spiked club known as the Ratnamira, Myaz' hereditary weapon.



DateNameComment
Oct 14 2000 Elfwood artist: Troy L. Megli, (Click here to visit!)It's really a shame that someone with intelligent caring eyes and being so beautiful would have to be involved with any kind of army or things that involve destruction.

Beauty and the Beast, Troy... or in this case, Beauty is the Beast!
Oct 15 2000 Elfwood artist: Eliza M Leahy, (Click here to visit!)The face and head is beautifully done, but the shoulders and arms lack the fullness to go with it. They are a little undersized for the size of her head (unless she were a super model!) and definately undersized if she is going to go around swinging a club! The pencil shading is beautiful though :)

Thanks for the critique, Eliza. I'll work on that (only that using supermodels or artists for models don't really work, eh?) BTW, the Spiked Club is actually made of fairly light material, and the way in which Myaz uses the club lacks the need for much energy... then agai, perhapd I should enlarge her arms!
Oct 19 2000 LallieI'd have to agree with the comment above. the arms don't really fit. i think there your weakest point on this drawing. Which i love. shes really pretty and i like the idea that shes not what she seems. i think its excelent.

Thanks a lot, Lallie. Glad you liked it. I'm still trying to improve on proportions when I'm doing portraits, though.
Nov 5 2000 Elfwood artist: Joellena S. 'azul' Asher, (Click here to visit!)your work with expression and faces is improving exponentially. she is beautiful. the hair is wonderful too. i didn't notice the arm problem until i read the comments. i'd say it's not too terribly noticeable. this is a great pic.

What can I say? Thanks again, Azul.
Nov 14 2000 Elfwood artist: Natacha Choquet, (Click here to visit!)Hi, well, even if her arms don't fit, her eyes are so beautiful that I can't see anything else :-)
Jan 8 2001 Elfwood artist: Terrell M. Smith-Dorfeo, (Click here to visit!)The pose of this piece is very refreshing....
Jan 31 2001 Elfwood artist: Bethany L. Kosinski, (Click here to visit!)She's so beautiful and innocent-looking....she really doesn't strike me as the miltary kind. ^_^
Feb 20 2001 Elfwood artist: Maria Martins, (Click here to visit!) Hey, come on! Leaders of the calvary can be innocent looking! I bet she's got on a mean face when she meets her enemy. Hey Alang! Thankee for that e-mail. Please e-mail me when you put up the payanag people or leave a comment down at my site. I've got some new pictures up so drop by if you want too...
Apr 7 2001 Elfwood artist: John Teall, (Click here to visit!)i've always though a cool interpretation of 'light cavelry' would be photonic equines - forgive my being wierd - cool immage ... ~;)
May 1 2001 George Bryerton (Gallery 730)Lovely. The face and hair are masterfully rendered. You have my admiration. Did you use a model for this picture? If so I'd love to know who. I would like to use her image as well.
Mar 16 2002 Elfwood artist: Kate 'Ice Wolf' McDonald::Gasp:: She is beautiful! Yeah why is she in war? She does have a sense of softness about her, of a caring, good heart. Again, somehow, the shoulders look too small to me, but maybe thats just me, I'm the doofus who can't seem to get her characters right. I just draw all my women meaty, just cause I have broad shoulders(for a female), doesn't mean all women do...
Oct 30 2002 Anonymous <silentrequiem13@yah...com>This is a beautiful image... She has this strange sense of familiarity about her to me.. Did you use this based on a real person? I could swear I have seen her before. Nevertheless, you are quite talented. Keep up the good stuff!
~@~ Mistress Cat ~@~
Feb 23 2003 Elfwood artist: Katie K. WalkerVery beutiful. The girl's face is very unique and somehow strong, despite her age. *applauds*
Feb 25 2003 NotAnAddictHmm hmmaaa. Reminds me of a picture of tori amos i have...
Apr 6 2003 Elfwood artist: Dave RitcherdsenShe looks really pretty. I'm glad you resisted the urge (well, for the most part) to draw cleavage.
Jun 24 2003 Elfwood artist: Elizabeth Bronwyn WellsI like it a lot!!! I like her face and how she actually has practical clothing, unlike plenty of women in armor i've seen. craziness. i like it!!!!
Jun 27 2003 Rick RyanI like the face of the girl but I think the body looks a bit out of proportion like it's too small or something.
Sep 21 2003 Myra FaediraDude! I LOVE this picture! Her face is awesome! There is absolutely nothing I would suggest that I think wouldn't ruin the whole affect of the picture! This is so AWESOME!
Apr 16 2004 ArtemisI hate you i hate you i hate you i hate you i hate you!You draw to wellahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh( currently i am ripping my hair out,ow,ow,ow,ow,ow,ow,you get the point.
Apr 16 2004 ArtemisOh just one more comment , her arm on the left side, where the joint is just an inch or so below the armor the arm goes i a little to far, just a smug.
Jul 6 2004 Elfwood writer: Amy J. CookGorgeous!
Jul 6 2004 Elfwood writer: Amy J. Cookjust to rave a bit more...i like her a lot because she doesn't have that pretentious warrior-woman i'm-so-tough look about her...like yeah, she's a warrior, but it's her job and she doesn't place herself on a pedestal for it...unlike Xena...damn Xena...

12 Comment From The Artist: Well... Thank you! I think you've interpreted her quite well... Yes, she's a warrior and it's her job... but she also takes it as her responsibility. Another point is that I'm trying to say that warriors need not to look "tough", because many of my fellow silat warriors (especially the ladies) do not have that look... Hehehe... Kinda misleading, eh?

Jul 17 2004 Singollo WOW THAT IS AMAZING, very good, but it reminds me of a girl in neverwinternight

No comments: