Sunday, February 25, 2007

Carcharinodon

Carcharinodon literally means 'shark tooth' (or at least I think it does!). The idea to create this monster came from Troy Megli's request for a cross between a dragon and a manta ray. I decided to use a stingray instead, with the head similar to that of a shark. I tried to minimize on the scales and spikes to make this a fast and active predator, not just some lumbering beast of the deep! (p/s do visit Troy's gallery: he's got some mighty interesting dragons!)


(Carcharinodon)
©H.M. 'Alang' Muhammad Hanif. All rights reserved!



Comments for this picture:

DateNameComment
May 1 2003 Elfwood artist: Cara Toyeah! first comment!!..
heh it got the head of a shark isnt?.. cool.. love the colors..the red-orange color is neat too...me like the red round thingy too...XD
May 5 2003 TL MegliAn excellent example of your talents and skills my friend! This beauty has already made its mark, ; ) it'll be sweet seeing it feed in the wild! As always, keep up the fantastic work!!!
May 5 2003 Elfwood artist: Stanton F. FinkSo far, I like. At first, I was going to suggest that you shorten its neck, but, then, I saw how the fins function as wings.

How big of a tank does he need?

18 Comment From The Artist: A very BIG one, I assure you...

May 30 2003 Elfwood artist: Joellena S. 'azul' AsherYep, sounds like a troy combo. Really excellent interpretation.
Dec 31 2003 artemisCool !!!-but iev desieded not to go swimming in the ocean any time soon-i hate that i can see what iam steping on

14 It'll be good to know that it's only found in the deep oceans...

Jan 5 2004 Elfwood artist: Amy L. HarrisWow! When I saw the thumbnail, I though it was a spotted eagle ray, which is one of my fav animals. :) Anyways, I really like it! Very well done! Can I take him home??? *hugs the carcharinodon* I love it!!!

1 Well, as I have said in the comment above, you're gonna need one heck of a BIG tank for this baby!

No comments: