Saturday, August 12, 2006

Srikandi IV


This is a detail of yet another female warrior. She is holding a keris, a traditional Malay dagger (used to be a symbol of rank, and a deadly weapon!) She wears the usual tengkolok and sikap. And no, I'm not gonna risk colouring this one manually!

©H.M. 'Alang' Muhammad Hanif. All rights reserved!



Comments for this picture:


DateNameComment
Apr 21 2000 Elfwood artist: Troy L. Megli, (Click here to visit!)I don't blame you one bit! she looks perfect as is! actually, this pic seems as though it should be b&w.
May 27 2000 Elfwood artist: Joellena S. 'azul' Asher, (Click here to visit!)A-MA-ZING!!! this is fabulous. i think it maybe one of the best faces displayed here!!!! this can stand alone as b&w i'd have to see the color b4 i pass judgement though.
May 25 2001 Garth I'm really impressed with the eyes they convey a sense of thought and nationality. I own a Kris dagger myself and I like the way that you got the curves in the blade, I've tried to draw my own dagger and it's NOT easy, well done. And, Oh, the face is beautifully captured!
May 15 2002 GJD She is very beautiful; her eyes seem to be offering a challenge or dare. I looks great in black and white. I hate coloring my pictures too! Nearly always messes them up.
Jan 9 2003 Tinker Fantastic picture. There is so much depth and personality in the face; with is something which I find lacking in so many character pictures drawn for fantasy and sci-fi. The always look so 2D and personalityless. Love your work sweetheart! keep it up!

No comments: